Data Analytics & Strategy Senior Manager At Teach
Data Analytics & Strategy Senior Manager At Teach 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Since launching in 2007, Teach For All has grown into an organization of 130 people based in 17 countries, supporting a network of 58 partner organizations (partners) around the world. This role is ideal for someone with advanced analytical, strategic thinking and project management skills who can respond to a wide range of stakeholders across diverse roles and contexts simultaneously. You will help ensure the network has access to the wide range of data necessary to monitor and evaluate progress to our 10-Year Intended Outcomes and for partners to reflect on, learn from, and improve their impact.
As a member of the Partner Voice & Data team, you will work across our internal teams and growing network of partners to collect, analyze, and visualize a broad array of data for a multitude of purposes, some recurring and some tailored. You will manage the administration of multiple global surveys and maintain our Global Data System (GDS), Ten-Year Intended Outcomes Dashboard, and PowerBI platform. Additionally, you will support and serve as a thought partner to internal teams to use data strategically and build a data-driven culture. You will do this by ensuring teams have the systems, knowledge, and skills to collect, access and analyze data for reflection, learning, decision-making, and external reporting or engagement.
- The entire Teach For All network (global organization and partners) has timely, accurate and complete data so that we can understand our progress, make informed decisions, and share information within our network and with external stakeholders
- Partners are enthusiastically participating in network data collection and analysis efforts and in survey administration; they feel their feedback is heard and taken into account to strengthen our processes
- Internal teams and partners can easily access data on their own through a reliable and user friendly PowerBI platform and have a strong, nuanced understanding of our data
- Internal teams have the necessary support to reflect on data themselves or with partners
Survey Project Management & Data Analysis and Reporting (50%)
Lead on the project management and data analysis for our larger and more complex global data collections and surveys (GDS Collections, Partner Survey, and the Org Efficiency Study), provide technical and analytical support for the administration of other global surveys (Alumni Survey, Student Survey, and Engagement For Results Survey), and manage the 10-Year Intended Outcomes Dashboard. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Develop project timeline and define key milestones and deliverables to ensure successful survey communication and administration; coordinate with team members and key stakeholders to ensure that timeline, milestones and deliverables are met
- Manage data verification across all participating partners in close collaboration with internal teams to ensure we have reliable data for learning, reporting, and monitoring progress towards our 10-Year Intended Outcomes
- Analyze data collected and present and visualize the data in a compelling way to partners and internal teams; propose refinement of survey instruments and collection tools based on the data collected
- Report progress on the 10-Year Intended Outcomes by consolidating, analyzing and visualizing data across Teach For All’s data sources and providing detailed analysis and visualizations for each metric in the 10-Year Intended Outcomes Dashboard
Cross-Team Collaboration (30%)
Support teams to use data strategically and build a data-driven culture:
- Provide thought partnership and support to help teams build and maintain data systems and data collection protocols and SOPs that meet their needs
- Provide more complex data analysis and visualizations per the reporting needs of external facing teams, including inputs on data requests and projections for fundraising pitches or reporting
- Thought partner on data related projects, such as regional/functional specific analysis, reflections and learning loops for diagnosis, decision making and reflections, etc.; synthesize and document key findings from engagements to enable cross-functional collaboration
Data System Development & Data Self-Service (20%)
- Coordinate the maintenance and optimization of our back-end data systems to ensure structural integrity, reliability and ease of navigation
- Liaise with the Tech team to streamline and consolidate data sources across the organization centrally
- Continue to develop a reliable and accessible PowerBI platform and optimize it by soliciting feedback from network partners and global organization staff and implementing updates and changes to the platform based on the feedback
- Accelerate data self-service and build a stronger, more nuanced understanding of data across the network by creating documentation for data and Power BI and training or coaching partners and global organization staff on the use of data, Excel, and PowerBI
- Minimum of five years of experience in the monitoring and evaluation and/or consulting field, including experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection methods
- Project management experience in cross-cultural environments with multiple stakeholders and fast-moving timelines
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills; PowerBI experience is essential
- Advanced expertise in Excel analysis and modeling required; experience with advanced statistical data analysis tools such as Stata, SPSS, etc. a plus
- Knowledge of Google Cloud database, BigQuery, SQL, Python, etc. a plus
- Experience with a Teach For All network partner a plus but not required
- Fluency in English required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional judgment, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail and high standard of excellence for work products even when operating with time and capacity constraints
- Strong relationship building skills and adaptability and flexibility to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and organizations across a wide range of cultural contexts, both remotely and in-person
- Strong sense of ownership of all aspects of a workstream (i.e., deliverables, deadlines, etc.) and skill in managing projects to completion without having direct management relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including good listening skills and clear written and oral communication that can convey highly technical information to laymen in an accessible manner
- Strong team player who can take the lead when necessary to work toward team goals but can also follow others’ lead and recognize other team members’ contributions
- Commitment to personal learning and development and openness to feedback
- Ability to work effectively amidst ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and results-oriented culture, including willingness to operate outside of your formal role to ensure the success of the team and the broader organization
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values:
- Sense of Possibility: We believe in the extraordinary potential of all children and in our collective potential to realize our aspirations, and so we act with courage, boldness, urgency and perseverance in pursuit of transformational impact.
- Locally Rooted and Globally Informed: We value the enormous assets in the communities where we work, immerse ourselves in local perspectives, needs and opportunities, and work in deep partnership with students, families, educators, and community members—all while also seeking to build our understanding of what is possible based on insights from outside of our communities and countries.
- Constant Learning: We commit to continuous education, reflection and improvement as the foundation for the transformational leadership we strive to develop.
- Diversity & Inclusiveness: We seek to ensure full participation of people from all cultures and backgrounds, and we believe those who have themselves experienced the inequities we’re working to address should guide and lead this work.
- Interdependence: In recognition of our shared humanity and interconnectedness, we work with generosity and compassion to help each other develop and grow.