Customer Relationship Manager
Customer Relationship Manager 1 PositionVestas
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
The Service department is responsible for service, service sales, and maintenance of the wind turbines within South Africa. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our achievement. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees.
The Service department consists of a Service director, a Service manager, an Operational excellence Specialist, a manager CRM and Personal assistance to the Service director. The position of Customer Relationship Manager reports directly to the Team Lead CRM.
- Secure and maintain world-class customer relationships, resulting in increased customer satisfaction and renewal of service contracts
- Be the customer's primary contact for commercial and contractual issues in Vestas when a turbine is under an operation and maintenance (O&M) contract
- Support Customer Support Engineers in resolving customer issues, providing contractual and commercial support
- Identify additional sales opportunities and provide service sales department with accurate information about customer interests
- Act as counterpart to customer's asset manager
- Own the contract; making sure that Vestas deliver according to the contract and contracts are renewed
- Ensure contracts are performing financially to budget, encouraging the operations teams to maximize availability and minimize costs
- Liaise with customers to ensure all contract fees are paid on time
- Be part of relevant Key Account cross functional team as necessary
- Sales of aftermarket services
Qualifications And Work Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial and or technical education with previous experience in a customer-facing position for example in project management or contract management position particularly dealing with large complex customers, ideally in the energy market for example within the Power Generation or Oil & Gas sectors
- Familiarity with wind turbines or complex rotating machinery, plant, processes or systems would be an advantage
- You should be structured and accurate and possess great communications skills both written and oral and be comfortable communicating with customer's management teams
- I enjoy working as part of a team, as well as being able to work freely and have a good sense of humor. Pay attention to detail, stay focused, prioritize your tasks and keep the overview even during hectic periods
- You should be thoroughly familiar with Microsoft Office package, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP skills are an advantage. You should have a desire to learn and develop other tools you will use in your job on a day to day basis
- Keen on business improvement and project management
- Valid driving license
- Good understanding of the wind industry market
- Customer-oriented approach
- Communication and claim handling skills
- Good social skills
What We Offer
Becoming part of an international company, a world-leading company in the wind energy industry, means having an exciting job, working with exciting products (wind turbines) and colleagues across countries. There are many learning opportunities in Kenya and other countries.