Current Openings Vihiga County Government
Current Openings Vihiga County Government 1 PositionVihiga County Government
Vihiga County whose headquarters is in Mbale is Located in the Western Region of Kenya. It boarders Nandi to the East, Kisumu County to the South, Siaya County to the West and KAKAMEGA County to the North. It is one of the four Counties in the former Western Province. Vihiga County has five Constituencies; Luanda, Emuhaya, Hamisi, Sabatia and Vihiga. The County’s population stands at 612,000.
Terms of Service: Three (3) Years Contract,
Salary and allowances: as per the Salary and Remuneration Commission guidelines,
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the Environment will be responsible for the following:
- In charge of all environmental matters and activities pertaining to the environment in the County including environmental planning, research, compliance and enforcement.
- Coordinating the preparation of departmental strategic plans, annual work plans, performance contracts, budgets, procurement plans and other activities including monitoring their implementation and reporting, in consultation with other department and the Chief Officer for Environment, Energy and Natural Resources.
- In charge of environmental resource mobilization in the county.
- Ensure adoption and Implementation of appropriate Multilateral Environment Agreements (MEAs) to the county and other relevant agreements in the field of environment.
- In charge of compliance and enforcement activities of the existing county environmental policies, laws, guidelines regulations and standards.
- Ensuring that the County develops the necessary capacity for environmental management and conservation.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the position of a Deputy Director Environment or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental Sciences, Environmental Planning and Management, Environmental Engineering, Natural Resource Sciences, Waste Management, Forestry, Geology, Hydrology, Geo-Information science, Chemistry, Biology; or any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Post Graduate qualification in Environmental Management field, -EIA or its equivalent;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge in computer applications, and Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.