Cultural Orientation Trainer At Church World Service
Cultural Orientation Trainer At Church World Service 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world. The CWS mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice at the national and international level through collaboration with partners abroad and in the US.
This position is primarily responsible to provide cultural orientation training to refugees approved for resettlement to the United States. Trainings take place in urban and camp locations throughout SubSaharan Africa.
This position reports directly to a Cultural Orientation Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required or four years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Six months experience in education or training required.
- Two years work experience in any or a combination of the following is preferred: training; field work carrying out program activities; liaising with agency partners and/or vendors; logistical experience organizing field missions.
- Relevant experience in the United States strongly preferred. Experience working with refugees preferred.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrated computer skills in database systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the int