Crossover Is Hiring!!!
Crossover Is Hiring!!! 1 PositionCross Over Networks
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
Are you a great coder or an awesome tech lead? Do you want a leadership role that fully utilizes your technical skills? Do you have the highest standards for code quality? If so, we are looking for you!
This is a great role for technical experts looking to add management responsibility without giving up technical expertise. For many technical stars, taking on management responsibilities requires you to give up the deep technical focus that made you a star in the first place. This role is different: it is not project management, HR management, or agile scrum master. You will not waste your time on non-technical activities. We want your technical expertise!
This job is all about coaching developers to write better code, make better technical decisions. You must know how to write the best code - simple, easy to read, and easy to understand - making you the best coach. If you are the top software developer on your team, this is the place to fast-track your career to the management level.
You will work across dozens of products and cloud technologies, refining and applying your skills on a daily basis, and building on top of the full suite of AWS services. We engineer our products to the highest quality standards.
Joining us is a great career move! Our management track is very different from the rest of the industry - we promote our best developers to management roles to use their technical expertise, not to do boring HR stuff. You’ll have room to grow… your way!
What You Will Be Doing
- Deep dive into work of your team, review the code submitted by your team, and resolve the root cause of problems
- Coach your team members how to increase the quality of their code based on real examples
- Drive a continuous improvement process - introduce new tools & automations based on real data analysis
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Task assignment & priorities for your team (we have it automated)
- Endless committee meetings about business analysis or priorities
Team Lead Key Responsibilities
- Lead a fully remote development team composed of the top 1% of global talent
- Upgrade the quality of your team’s code by showing them how to do it better
- Great at writing code
- Great at deep-diving into the code to find quality improvement opportunities
- Continuously increasing your team's work quality & performance
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests, functional tests, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Hands-on cloud development experience
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise-grade SaaS products
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3879-KE-Nairobi-TeamLead.008