Credit Control Officer At Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (mrm)
Credit Control Officer At Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (mrm) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Mabati Rolling Mills Ltd (MRM) is the flagship company of SAFAL GROUP, which is the leading manufacturer of flat and long steel products in Africa. Safal was incorporated to consolidate the operation of several allied companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Angola and Malawi. The group’s companies have Galvanizing lines in Kenya , Uganda and Tanzania. We run the Aluminium -Zinc and Color Coating lines in Kenya, thus we are the first Company to implement the Aluminium-Zinc technology in Africa. In Kenya, the service centres are at Thika, Mombasa,Kisumu + Kisii.
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control systems, policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly collection forecast for assigned customers/region and follow through achievement of set targets.
- Circulate daily collection reports as required
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner via follow ups and DSO is within agreed levels
- Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the company
- Regular meetings with relevant stakeholders to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Identify changes in payment patterns and proactively propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with set regulations
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Provide accurate advice and timely resolution on billing queries
- Propose write off of irrecoverable debt and undertake account reconciliations as required
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
- Keep the business up to date with new credit management techniques and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance/Accounting option) or any other relevant degree.
- CPA (K) or ACCA.
- SAP – FICO module and some knowledge in SD modules would be added advantage
- Outstanding knowledge in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Must have a good understanding of Bank/ Personal Guarantees & Letter of Credit
- 5 years general working experience with 3 years in a similar position
|Job Closing Date||15/06/2021|