Credit Analyst 1 PositionOld Mutual Group
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management, and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
Working closely with the Senior Credit Analyst – Retail, he/she will ensure compliance with internal credit policies & procedures and facilitate prudent management of credit risks while ensuring compliance with the CBK prudential guidelines.
- Business-related degree
- CPA 2 would be an added advantage
- 1-year experience in credit analysis in a Retail Lending environment, debt collection and recovery
- Knowledge of alternative credit appraisal mechanisms and substitute securities like chattels mortgages, guarantors, stock, livestock, etc
- Knowledge in accountancy an obvious advantage
- Entrepreneurial thinking and experience
- Passion and experience in dealing with low-income communities
- Capacity and willingness to work for long hours and within strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of confidentiality
- Analytical mind
- Knowledgeable on the Financial services sector
- Fast in decision making
- Highly organized
- Creative and Innovative
- Good team player
- Physically fit and versatile and able to work on a computer for long hours
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Management of credit risks through analysis and recommend retail loan approvals for facilities within the Institutions tolerable risk levels
- Adherence internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
- Ensure that the PAR of the Retail Portfolios within target
- Ensure high turnaround time (TAT) for all retail proposals
- Analyze the Retail credit requests against the retail lending guidelines as a basis for making approval/decline recommendations.
- Verify Compliance retail lending policy requirements through inspection of ability to pay, the fulfillment of retail MOU requirements and proper documentation ensure credit risk is adequately mitigated.
- Review existing retail relationships and making recommendations to the management and quality retail lending.
- Prepare draft board papers for the review of any retail lending product facilities and guidelines for further review and further approval by the management.
- Follow up with the branch's ensure fulfillment of ALL Retail MOU sanction conditions and other covenants prior to disbursement of the facilities.
- Recommend policy reviews for customer service and risk management improvement based on experiences and industry trends.
- Dany other duties that may be assigned by the Management.