Corporate Finance Analyst
Corporate Finance Analyst 1 PositionBritish American Tobacco
Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously.
Execute the delivery of specific elements of accounts payable tasks ensuring a high level of accuracy and timeliness. The role requires liaison with internal and external stakeholders. The job holder will need to ensure process compliance so that source system data is complete and accurate as well as adhering to policies, procedures and accounting standards
- Application of the accounting policies and procedures to ensure good service delivery
- Good understanding of BAT Reporting requirements and following them
- Created a good relationships with the suppliers for payment of their invoices.
- Ensure that invoices are collected from the gate by the registry, recorded and scanned in good time. Ensure no invoices are held for too long without being actioned on by the concerned party.
- Ensure that the invoices meet the requirements of a tax invoice before scanning
- Engage the procurement department to ensure that the master data is accurately maintained with the correct supplier details
- Coordinate with both GBS and SAP administrators to update the master data entries for vendors as and when the need arises.
- Liaison with Shared service center in the context of highly demanding workflow.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A relevant degree with professional accounting qualification – CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Finance Shared Services – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Tax Sections
- Good accounting, analytical and numeracy skills
- Well understood accounting, analytical and numeracy skills standing of computer software packages like Microsoft Word, Advanced excel
- Working knowledge of Company Law and Tax regulations
- Working knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
- Good understanding of accounting policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively