Cook 1 PositionKenya Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces are the armed forces of the Republic of Kenya. The Kenya Army, Kenya Navy, and Kenya Air Force comprise the national Defence Forces. The current Kenya Defence Forces were established, and its composition laid out, in Article 241 of the 2010 Constitution of Kenya; the KDF is governed by the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012.
CSG 15 – (Advert 13/2020)
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This will be the entry grade for the Cooks cadre. An officer at this level will be on job training and will carry out duties under the supervision of a senior officer. Duties will include:
- preparation of raw foods for cooking;
- cleanliness of equipment used in production;
- maintaining hygiene by ensuring cleaning of the kitchen and its surroundings;
- setting up and preparing equipment for use in food preparation and production and alerting the supervisor of any defective equipment.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Craft Certificate in Food and Beverage Production, Sales and Service or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended a formal course lasting not less than two (2) months in Food Production organized by the Kenya Utalii College or other recognized institution.