Construction Supervisor Needed!! Apply Now!!
Construction Supervisor Needed!! Apply Now!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Reporting: To the Project head
The site supervisor will oversee the work of the cooperatives and offer technical advice. He/she will be the point of reference of both workers and the project head and will be responsible for the completion of construction projects. The post holder is expected to make quick decisions related to protecting construction activities. S/he must be well organized and value safety above everything else.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Coordinate construction tasks according to priorities and plans.
- Produce schedules and monitor the work of cooperatives.
- Allocate general and responsibility of the cooperative
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Directly supervise casual laborer.
- Participate in the recruitment of construction staff.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly construction reports.
- Attends site meetings & keeps essential site documents & records
- Manage the sub- contractors & coordinate both nominated & domestic sub-contractors).
- Be responsible for site safety.
- Be responsible for Quality & proper building practice & engineering.
- Create Site harmony.
- Be able to define & procure materials.
- Liaise with consultants i.e. Architect, Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineers for details.
- Be permanently on-site during working hours to give guidance and prevent defects.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in Building Construction or Civil Engineering.
- NCA Certificate will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of building and construction
- Mature and a decision-maker
- Prior exposure and experience in supervising construction works and inventory management
- Leadership and Decision making capability is a must.
- Hands-on experience in supervising a project
- Experience managing construction budgets
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment and with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to a changing environment
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Good Organizational and Planning skills.
- Can read and interpret architectural drawings and designs.