Company Secretary At Shelter Afrique
Company Secretary At Shelter Afrique 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Shelter Afrique is the only pan-African finance institution that exclusively supports the development of the housing and real estate sector in Africa.
To serve as Secretary to the Board and Annual General Meetings of the Company.
Key functions and responsibilities
- Provide Secretarial services to the Board of Directors, Board Committees and Annual General Meetings (AGM)
- Record and keep records of all the proceedings, decisions, and recommendations of the Board of Directors and AGM
- Report on implementation of decisions and resolutions made by the AGM and the Board including the Board Committees
- Provide safe custody and ensure authorized use of the Company seal
- Coordinate relations with Directors, Shareholders, and Governments of member countries as well as with authorities of the Host Country
- Coordination, preparation and final distribution of documents relating to AGM and Board Meetings as well as Annual Symposia
- General planning, organizing and holding of AGMs, Board Meetings and Annual Symposia
- Registration of and custody of all originals of Agreements, Conventions and Contracts signed with States and Organizations, including Host Country and ensuring observations of obligations and rights stipulated therein.
- Lead negotiation, drafting, review, execution and interpretation of Statutes, Agreements as well as Contracts governing the operations of SHAF
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key result areas
The jobholder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows:
- Provide efficient support services to the Board and AGM
- Prudent financial management both budget planning and implementation
- Provide effective Leadership to subordinates, other staff members and Board coordination
- Enforcement of relevant guidelines, rules and regulations
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
Required knowledge and skills
The jobholder must possess:
- Master’s Degree in Commercial (LLM), Business Administration (MBA), Economics or a related field.
- Professional qualifications such as ICSA, CPS or equivalent and Post Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court with current practicing certificate is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in providing Legal and Company Secretarial services.
- Proficiency in both in English and French is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and management skills
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages.