Communications And Reporting Officer At International Lifeline Fund
Communications And Reporting Officer At International Lifeline Fund 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline), is a Washington, D.C.-based non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life of the less fortunate by exponentially expanding access to clean water and energy solutions. Lifeline operates under the conviction that give affordable access to cost-effective products and services that meet their basic clean water an energy needs, impoverished and crisis affected communities can begin to lift themselves out of their dire circumstances. Lifeline has been engaged in humanitarian and development work in Uganda since 2006 through its Energy & Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programs.
Position Description: The Communications and Reporting Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy needed to fulfill Lifeline’s reporting, fundraising and outreach goals. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, effective storyteller with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external stakeholders. The Communications and Reporting Officer reports to the Business Development Director in connection with the Global Communications Officer and collaborates regularly with country office program team.
• Work closely with the WASH and Environment Program Managers to document impact stories (photography, videography, written, and audio testimonies) from project communities.
• Lead the drafting of periodic project reports, newsletters, and media articles.
• Update & document organizational policies with relevant manager.
• Review and provide inputs to different reports.
• Standardize Lifeline’s internal communication tools & protocols.
Social Media & Community Outreach
• Contribute to and implement a communications strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation, in coordination with the Global Communications Lead. Primary platforms include Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Research and write press releases and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and routine organization newsletters.
• In coordination with the Global office, develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase Lifeline’s visibility among stakeholders. For example, create 1-pagers and project briefs for a variety of audiences (industry peers, funding partners, web audiences, etc.).
• Implement the style guide, ensuring the production of high-quality and error-free copy.
• Work with key internal stakeholders to brainstorm content ideas, in line with Lifeline’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
• Coordinate external messaging and responses to media inquiries with the Country Director and WASH and Environment Program Managers, who serve as the primary spokespeople for the organization at the Uganda country level.
• Contribute to and implement fundraising campaigns developed with the Global Communications Lead. Assist with hosting webinars and preparing slide presentations and other conference materials, as needed.
• Participate in monthly staff meetings, educational sessions, annual staff retreats, and other team activities as part of the Administrative/ Development team.
• Ensure Lifeline’s marketing content is aligned with our brand standard and messaging. Assist Lifelines social enterprises (EcoEnergy and EverFlow) marketing campaigns, as needed.
• Maintain digital media archives, including photos, videos, and written stories.
• Collaborate with the Director of Business Development to contribute relevant content to proposals and concept notes, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Mass Communications, Journalism, or other related field demonstrating creativity and storytelling capabilities.
• A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in a communications role. Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices is an added advantage.
• Strong English writing and editing skills with the ability to analyze and synthesize written materials.
• Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse team and across departments.
• A keen interest in working directly with rural and refugee communities to elevate their stories and perspectives. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
• Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
• Photography, video editing, and web design skills are a plus.