Communications And Community Engagement Intern At International Federation Of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies - Ifrc
Communications And Community Engagement Intern At International Federation Of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies - Ifrc 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Africa region is facing an increasing number of challenges with several on-going protracted crises, epidemics and slow-onset disasters. To respond better, IFRC Africa Regional needs to be trusted by partners and communities it serves—through effective community engagement efforts; effective communications, and by leverage events such as World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day. • Community Engagement and Accountability: Community engagement and accountability (CEA) is an approach to Red Cross and Red Crescent programming and operations. It is supported by a set of activities that help put communities at the centre of what we do, by integrating communication and participation throughout the programme cycle or operation. CEA supports those involved in programmes and operations to adopt innovative approaches to better understand and engage with people and communities and help them address unhealthy and unsafe practices, deal with climate change adaptation, implement disaster risk reduction measures, participate / propose livelihood approaches, discuss social inclusion for migrants, among other things. It maximizes the Red Cross Red Crescent’s unique relationship with the community to help them speak out about the issues that affect them and influence decision and policy-makers to implement positive changes. • Communications: In addition to CEA, communication is a critical organisational priority and is fundamental to the success of the IFRC. The future of communications is digital, mobile, multilingual, and visual. IFRC's 2019 communication strategy outlines the organisation´s objective to, "plan and produce strong, compelling messages and materials while shifting planning and creative approaches to optimise distribution potential and shareability". During 2019 and 2020, IFRC has sought to strengthen and increase its distribution of these media products and messaging through our Red Cross and Red Crescent network, partnerships, and diversified media outreach. • World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day: World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is an annual celebration of the principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. World Red Cross Red Crescent Day is celebrated on 8 May each year. This date is the anniversary of the birth of Henry Dunant, who was born on 8 May 1828. He was the founder of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the recipient of the first Nobel Peace Prize.
The communications and Community Engagement Intern will assist the communications and community engagement teams to implement effective risk communications efforts (in the context of COVID19); community engagement efforts; effective communications—including by leveraging events such as World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Community Engagement/Risk Communication:
- In the context of COVID19, support IFRC’s community mobilization efforts through the drafting of risk communications factsheets.
- Assist in the drafting of risk communication video scripts.
- Assist in the drafting of the CEA newsletter.
Communications and World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Project management: Conduct an evaluation of the communications capacities of National Societies in the Africa region.
- Administrative work: support the administrative tasks of the communications department.
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day: act as a regional focal point for the organization of World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day, to be marked on 8 May 2021
Support the communications department in its research, fundraising, planning, monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- University level education (2 – 4 years) in community development - Required
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Strong presentation skills
- Good writing skills
- Data analysis
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural and social context
- Self-supporting in computer skills
- Fluently spoken and written English
Competencies and values
- Accountability-Commitment to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its values;
- Diversity-Cultural sensitivity and appreciation of diversity;
- Integrity-High standard of integrity and personal conduct;
- Professionalism-Flexibility and Adaptability, Resilience and patience Collaboration:
- Building trust;
- Empowering others;
- National Society relations;
- Teamwork-Excellent team member, monitoring and supervision skills
- Innovation-Take initiative and forges direction;
- Judgement Decision-making;
- Managing performance-Analytical and practical Leadership:
- Building alliances;
- Inspiration-Ability to inspire, lead and motivate; Strategic orientation
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.