Collections Officer 1 PositionOld Mutual Group
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management, and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
Working closely with the Collections Manager, he/she will ensure compliance with internal credit policies and procedures, best practices and CBK prudential guidelines to facilitate the management of credit risks within tolerable levels. The Job holder will ensure that ALL approved and disbursed loans are fully repaid as stipulated in the terms and conditions to prevent loss to the institution.
- Business-related Degree
- 2 years' experience in credit and debt collection
- Knowledge in credit management is an obvious advantage
- Proficiency in T24 skills
- Capacity and willingness to work for long hours and within strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The high degree of confidentiality
- Analytical mind
- Knowledgeable on the Financial services sector
- Highly organized
- Creative and Innovative
- The proactive and fast decision-maker
- Physically fit and versatile and able to work on a computer for long hours
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Ensure the PAR is maintained within the institutional targets.
- Ensure prompt realization of loan securities.
- Ensure high TAT on insurance claims processing.
- Adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures regarding collections.
- Ensure the recoveries against write-offs target is achieved
- Ensure one-day arrears management for all disbursed loans
- Record and maintain a track of all the recovery progress for all loans in arrears
- Prepare weekly arrears reports for all the branches and follow with them to ensure full repayment.
- Prepare demand letters and ensure that they are forwarded to the defaulting customers.
- Prepare debt collection instructions to external service providers to facilitate recovery as per the debt recovery guidelines.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations on bad debts to be written-off to the management for approval.
- Processes and maintain an updated register on loan-related insurance claims and ensure prompt reimbursement.
- Monitor debt collection response cycles and contacts as well as credit control performance
- Manage resource scheduling and the determination of priority of work and procedures to maximize production output and success levels.
- Report and monitor all risks associated with debt recovery
- Generate compliance reports for use in decision making and performance appraisals
- Do any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.