Clinical Research Associate At Drugs For Neglected Diseases Initiative - Dndi
Clinical Research Associate At Drugs For Neglected Diseases Initiative - Dndi 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Purpose of the position
The Clinical Research Associate is responsible for the set-up and follow-up of clinical trials in trial sites according to DNDi SOPs, applicable regulation, Good Clinical Practice, ICH guidelines and in compliance with overall local, regional and international regulatory obligations associated with the study. S/he participates in clinical trials and get reliable clinical data. (clinical trial set-up and clinical trial monitoring).
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Conducts the site Initiation visit at the trial site.
- Ensures that the trial site is ready to safely and properly conducts the clinical trials.
- Reviews the ICF (the master and/or local language version as appropriate and any updates)
- Initiate preliminary contact with the site investigator.
- Set-up and conduct the pre-study visit.
- Writes the Pre-study visit report.
- Conducts the Site Monitoring Visits at the trial sites.
- Verifies the validity, accuracy, consistency, and quality of the data in Case Report Forms (CRFs) or data collection forms (e.g., data/forms sent to DNDi Pharmacovigilance) against source documentation.
- Checks compliance of the clinical trial conduct according to the protocol, GCP and the applicable regulations.
- Reviews the investigator Site File (ISF) for completeness
- Ensures appropriate test article storage, expiry date, dispensing, and accountability, if applicable.
- Verifies proper filing of any Safety expedited reporting or safety /clinical periodic reporting to Independent Ethics Committees (IECs)/institutional Review Board (IRB) / Regulatory Authorities (RAs)/other institutions (if applicable),
- Reviews safety reporting requirements and compliance (including tracking)
- Conduct the site close-out visit in the clinical sites.
- Submits the site close-out visit reports to the clinical Project manager for review and approval.
- Contribute to and review the Monitoring Plan,
- Perform activities as per the Monitoring Plan.
- Responsible for the initial set-up of the ISF
- S/he is responsible for the IMP accountability at site.
- Regularly reviews the ISF during the monitoring visits to ensure it is up to date and that the essential documents for the centers S/he oversees are appropriately recorded and filled in the investigator site file.
- Provides support to the HDCP/Head TS with regards to local/regional safety regulatory intelligence,
- Provides in a timely manner necessary information to the PV function to develop the SMP. This includes providing necessary information to ensure SMP readiness prior to study initiation in each country, to the CTM and PV function, including on all local regulations and guidance’s (together if necessary, with translation into English and interpretation). This includes seeking validation of interpretation of implementation modalities with regulatory bodies (RAs/ECs/other bodies), if necessary.
- Provides support to the CTM to track compliance with local safety reporting requirements in their region/country; this includes tracking submission dates and documenting submission (collecting proof of submission/notification) and sharing these documents with PV function and CTM (or delegate) for filing in TMF.
- responsible for monitoring the clinical trial sites and providing support to the HDCP and CTM in clinical trial management and all local/regional aspects (including overall regulatory intelligence and compliance).
- Ensures the appropriate safety management at trial sites as defined in the protocol, monitoring plan and medical monitoring plan (if any) in compliance with the trial-specify Safety Management Plan. This includes source data verification, support to sites in completing trial-specify documents sent to PV and CRF data/queries, consistency check between documents sent to PV and CRF and request for correction, as necessary.
- Verifies that any deviations are properly documented,
- Alerts the Clinical Trial Manager in a timely manner in case of any issue and documents any findings in the monitoring reports.
- During monitoring visits: Check that equipment is properly used and maintained, check that stock of consumables has not reach the alert threshold, check that expired consumables are put in quarantine or destroyed according to CTM authorization.
- For IP returns, organizes shipment to the appropriate recipient.
- For IP destroyed on site, requests a certificate of destruction.
· S/He reports to the Clinical Project Manager
· Close working relationship with the Head of Regional Clinical Operations, relevant members of the DNDi African regional office, Nairobi and DNDi global disease teams.
Skills and Attributes
· Very good knowledge of Drug Discovery/Development.
· Very good knowledge of Clinical Research/Development.
· Very good knowledge of Regulatory (GCP, GLP and GMP).
· Very good knowledge of Disease/academia knowledge.
· Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving competencies.
· Very good communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team.
· Well organized and structured.
· Very good analytical skills.
· Ability to contribute to the project delivery under minimum supervision.
· Ability to manage small projects if delegated by upper levels with supervision.
· Ability to supervise an Intern or Apprentice.
· Minimum 3 years' relevant experience with graduate degree, at least one year with post graduate degree.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure.
· Experience of working in public and private sector is highly desirable.
· Graduate or post graduate degree in relevant field.
Vacancies in Healthcare & PharmaceuticalView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.