Client Onboarding Analyst – C09 At Citi
Client Onboarding Analyst – C09 At Citi 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers. We also have a financial institutions group that is responsible for our businesses with other banks, insurance companies and other non-banking financial institutions. We offer a range of banking services to companies, including commercial finance, inter-bank transactions, investment services, deposits, cash management and electronic banking.
Our employees are energetic and dedicated individuals who work in a fast-paced and challenging position that relies on the ability to think and react quickly, formulate creative solutions to pressing problems, and serve clients with dedication. Our employees serve as the human voice and personality behind the Citi brand as they provide quality customer service with each and every client interaction.
The Client Onboard Analyst 1 is a trainee professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job.
- Processes client’s requests related to system set up including signatories’ updates and documentation lodgment.
- Co-operates with internal partners to perform systems maintenance based on documentation related to account opening and maintenance processes.
- Provides response to client and internal inquiries.
- Prepares documentation for archiving .
- Applies appropriate bank’s regulations while processing the requests.
- Remains up to date with the current procedures, internal rules, external regulations, and follows the changes in the aforementioned documents.
- Documents operation procedure updates.
- Processes clients’ instructions ensuring the highest accuracy and effectiveness (ensuring deadlines are adhered to).
- Verification and authorization of data entered in the systems.
- Ensures all queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
- Escalates urgent / risk issues through the appropriate escalation channels.
- Co-operates with and supports other teams/employees upon supervisor’s instruction, including possibility of movement to another team and/or process.
- Performs other crucial tasks instructed by supervisors, e.g. participation in trainings, projects, conference calls, systems’ testing.
- Ensures high levels of client satisfaction through strong product, process and client knowledge. Identifies and suggests process improvements.
- Assists in the implementation of validated process improvements.
- Understands procedures and controls for operational processes. Supports Manager with quality assurance process. Understands procedures and controls for operational processes. Performs within departmental procedures and compliance standards in order to minimize losses.
- Responsible for coordination of projects around internal processes. Participates in user acceptance test of new systems.
- Effective execution of day-to-day responsibilities, as well as execution of any other work instructed by supervisor related to this function.
- Daily deliverable of routine and defined tasks, while developing knowledge of the broader context in which work is being performed.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Previous experience in financial services preferred.
- Knowledge of bank products in the scope of opening and maintaining of bank accounts Customer communication experience (internal/external). Knowledge on the field of finances and banking.
- Flexibility, team spirit, loyalty. High attention to detail. Good PC skills (Excel, Word). Fluent in both written and spoken English. Be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Proficient knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Bachelor’s/University degree 2nd Upper classification and abo