Clerical Officer 1 PositionKenya Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces are the armed forces of the Republic of Kenya. The Kenya Army, Kenya Navy, and Kenya Air Force comprise the national Defence Forces. The current Kenya Defence Forces were established, and its composition laid out, in Article 241 of the 2010 Constitution of Kenya; the KDF is governed by the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 (Once yearly)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level may be deployed in any of the following units/sections: Human Resource Management, General Registry, Supply Chain Management; Accounts or General Administrative Services. The officer will be required to carry out simple clerical duties under the supervision and guidance of a senior clerical officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- collecting statistical records; carrying out transactions related to accounts or personnel information;
- filing receipts;
- receiving, filling and dispatching correspondence;
- preparing Pay Change Advices (PCAs);
- preparing initial documents for issuance of stores;
- photocopying and scanning documents;
- indexing of documents and records;
- checking general office cleaning; and keeping safe custody of equipment, documents and records
For appointment to this glade, a candidate must be in possession of: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent qualification; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution