Chief Operating Officer At Ga Insurance
Chief Operating Officer At Ga Insurance 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute the operational strategy of the business.
- The incumbent will be accountable for the setting and maintaining the parameters and rules that govern the underwriting ability, creating system capacity to maintain minimum underwriting standards and endeavour automation of all operational processes.
- Ensure underwriting policies are up to date and in line with reinsurance treaties and agreements; ensuring correct standards are adhered to at all times in analysis of risk and taking on of risk in line with protection of bottom line.
- Conducts insurance, underwriting and claims trend analysis.
- Deputize the functional responsibilities of the CEO in business acquisition and production.
- Ensure that the business meets annual Business Development targets in line with annual strategy.
- Oversee the Underwriting, Claims and Business Development.
- Optimise the use of technology, people, and defined processes to achieve an optimum competitive service positioning in each business unit.
- Enhancement and Development of the operational system/s in conjunction with the head of ICT that allows for automation of policy distribution and data capture for underwriting & information analysis in line with the company strategy.
- Leverage on technology and process management to standardise operations and reduce turn-around time on key business processes.
- Initiate process mapping, innovation and restructuring to obtain optimal operations with a clear bias for cost containment and service efficiency;
- Evaluate, improve, document and streamline the operational processes and procedures;
- Work closely with Risk and Compliance team to identify and safeguard the management of all operational risks and adherence to risk and fraud management frameworks;
- Ensure that all customer service points, both direct and indirect achieve the defined customer experience standards;
- Ensure that all our distribution channels, Branches, Intermediaries and direct channels have access to a service infrastructure that supports their service needs seamlessly;
- Ensure consistent and accurate information is accessible through multiple channels;
- Understand the various business models and cascading information on the role that service operations management plays to the team;
- Optimise operations to enhance the overall customer centric approach;
- Implementation and optimisation of the Reinsurance Treaties that allows the company to remain a competitive market player.
- Deliver and achieve the customer promise for each product, service and distribution channel;
- Deliver on the performance requirement as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Enable the business to achieve a higher quality of risk-taking ability by continuously reviewing and reporting on quality, relatedness and risk management of product offering. To be measured by internal audit and business results.
- Be part of a learning organisation by continuously keeping abreast with industry/company changes and developments and ensuring knowledge and skills transfer within the organisation.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- A business-related degree, relevant commercial qualifications and an MBA;
- Commercial and general management experience in a company with averagely Ksh: 6 Billion turnovers.
- Proven experience as a Chief Operating Officer, within the financial services sector or fast-paced service industry with a minimum of 15 years of managerial experience.
- A deep understanding of leveraging technology and processes to standardise operations, reducing turn-around times on all key business processes;
- A demonstrated track record in optimising operations to enhance the overall customer experience at all customer contact points;
- A demonstrated ability to drive internal operations organisation change;
- A strong track record in driving business growth and expansion in an increasingly competitive environment;
- Seniority, gravitas and credentials to engage with other internal stakeholders as well as external institutions at the highest levels;
- Strong leadership and people management characteristics and experience to leading an organisation through change;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, customers and suppliers;
- A high level of integrity; and Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021