Chief Manager Supply Chain Management
Chief Manager Supply Chain Management 1 PositionOffice of the Controller of Budget
The Office of the Controller of Budget (OCOB) was established by the Constitution of Kenya 2010, under Article 228 and became operational upon the appointment of the Controller of budget on 27th August 2011.
Reporting to the Controller of Budget, this position is responsible for ensuring all theorganization’s procurement procedures are carried out in line with the Public Procurement andAsset Disposal Act, 2015 while observing best procurement practices.
- A Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Must have a Diploma in Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a professional body/organization i.e. the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS) in good standing;
- Must have at least eight (8) years relevant work experience from a reputable organization.
- Head of the Supply Chain Management department;
- Formulate procurement and supply chain management policies that comply with the procurement laws of Kenya as stipulated in the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015;
- Formulate the annual procurement plans for goods and services in consultation with the heads of departments;
- Manage the procurement life cycle from supplier selection, contract and price negotiation maintaining client - stakeholder relationships;
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies and guidelines across the institution in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and regulations;
- Submit the institution’s procurement of goods and services quarterly reports to the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) for compliance and statutory reporting;
- Oversee the preparation of bid documents, quotations, requests for proposals and reports;
- Coordinate the preparation of tender documents for user departments according to procurement guidelines;
- Ensure boarding and sale of unserviceable assets are disposed in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015;
- Monitor performance targets for the department and mentor staff to enhance internal capacity for optimum service delivery;
- Review and manage supplier database for the office with a view of increasing competition and enhancing transparency;
- Implement e-procurement system for the Office of the Controller of Budget;
- Supervise and appraise staff in the department with a view to fully utilize internal capacity and maximize output;