Chief Accountant 1 PositionBomet University College
Our Vision To be a premier Green University in fostering research excellence in Science, Technology, and Innovation for sustainability. Our Mission To provide a conducive environment for discovery, preservation, and dissemination of knowledge; to nurture critical inquiry, creativity, and engagement for social transformation and advancement of humanity.
Scale BUC 14
- Responsible for the accounting and financial functions of the University College.
- Implement adequate and efficient accounting system as a means of maintaining sound financial records, which must recognize, classify, post, summarize and report transactions
- Supervise all operations finance function in the system
- Maintenance of high accounting standards within the department
- Supervision and development of staff in the department
- Carry out administrative and other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- A Master’s degree and a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting or Finance or Business Administration or it's equivalent from a recognized University.
- Holder of CPA (K),
- Twelve (12) years’ relevant experience,
- MUST have served as a Senior Accountant for at least three (3) years
- Be a registered member of ICPAK or any other recognized accounting professional body, and in Good standing
- Certificate in relevant computer applications from a recognized institution
- Demonstrable practical knowledge in application relevant ICT solutions is mandatory.
- Have a certificate in strategic leadership course or its equivalent lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution
- A Ph.D. degree in relevant areas from a recognized university will be an added advantage