Career Opportunities At Tenwek Hospital
Career Opportunities At Tenwek Hospital 1 PositionTenwek Hospital
Mission Statement: "Tenwek Hospital is a Christian community committed to excellence in compassionate healthcare, spiritual ministry, and training for service to the glory of God."
Job Ref: 08/07/2020
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Laboratory Technologist exists to provide general medical laboratory services to patients at Tenwek Hospital.
- Ensure that the laboratory is clean and in the required condition in order to provide conducive working environment for quality laboratory service delivery in the hospital.
- Review laboratory safety policies and procedures in collaboration with the Laboratory Manager
- Implement the required laboratory safety standards enshrined in Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures in the hospital.
- Perform advanced medical tests and other diagnostic procedures in order to diagnose complex medical conditions in the laboratory of the hospital.
- Perform occasional chemical tests, laboratory machines and equipment test, and that any necessary adjustments are effected for evaluation and quality control purposes and release of products in the hospital.
- Ensure proper handling, storage and management of laboratory equipment, materials and records in the laboratory of the hospital.
- Implement and maintain laboratory operating systems for implementing laboratory programmes, projects and activities in the laboratory of the hospital. • Perform any other duty given from time to time.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma/Degree in Medical Laboratory Science from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Council
- Must have a valid practice license
- At least one year as a Medical Laboratory Technologist in a reputable hospital.