Business Intelligence Developer At Davis & Shirtliff Group
Business Intelligence Developer At Davis & Shirtliff Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and DRC with a total complement of over 800 highly trained, professional staff. The company seeks to recruit a Business Intelligence Developer to join the ICT team.
The successful candidate will be required to handle the following responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and understand business challenges.
- Identify the underlying data sets that would be investigated to address the challenges.
- Generate insightful data visualizations to provide actionable strategic insights.
- Present such findings to the business teams and recommend solutions.
The successful candidate will have the following Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Hands on experience in full life cycle Business Intelligence development, implementation and support entailing data warehousing and cubes project experience.
- In-depth understanding of Data Warehousing tasks such as Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) framework.
- Hands on experience in Data Visualisation software including Power BI, Power Query, DAX, Tableau.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience in MS SQL Server and the full Microsoft Business Intelligence suite (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS).
- Expertise in at least one data-focused programming language e.g., Python, R, MATLAB.
- Holder of an Upper 2nd class honours degree in Computer Science or closely related field from a recognised institution.
- At least 3 years' experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Excel, Jet Reports and Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications such as Business Central and CRM will be an added advantage.
- Passion for data manipulation and ability to provide insights for decision making.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly while presenting findings.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of specialists who derive their satisfaction from "Improving people's lives through providing Water and Energy Solutions across Africa". Interested applicants meeting these requirement should apply, enclosing CVs, testimonials and recent colour passport size photo through by close of business Friday, 11th June 2021.