Banking Applications Manager At Brac
Banking Applications Manager At Brac 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
We are the world’s largest international development organisation, dedicated to empowering people living in poverty. If you were to describe this world to a child, which one of the following would you pick? It is home to magic, art, beauty, and tens of thousands of years of human talent. Or you would, even though it may be true, that our world is where we live, but it is a place that doesn’t work for everyone? Our world is our playground, a platform for the creativity of all seven billion of us. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that a world that works for all of us can be possible. But the opportunities are all around us. While we all hope for a better future for our world, many of us are building it. If you are a builder, we are betting on you. The changemaker. The activist. The hero. The mentor. 45 years ago, we started building a world we all want to live in.
BRAC International Holdings B.V. (BIHBV) is a socially responsible for-profit organization, engaging people in sustainable economic and income-generating activities. The core focus of BIHBV is to provide microfinance services outside Bangladesh to people who are financially constrained and marginalized, and people who do not have access to the financing facilities offered by commercial banks and other non-bank financial institutions. It does this through its international microfinance activities .BRAC International Microfinance’s mission is to provide a range of financial services responsibly to people at the bottom of the pyramid. BI MF particularly focuses on women living in poverty in rural and hard to reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC International Microfinance is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Banking Applications Manager
The Banking Applications Manager will provide specialist application support to core banking and back-office applications used within BRAC International. The role will work within the ITIL service management framework to (1) supervise efficient and secured operation of all core applications – core banking and ERP systems (2) champion ITIL service management practices at all MF countries and (3) ensure efficient and expert application support services to all MF operations. The role will work with BIHBV-approved consultants/service partners on new installations, enhancements or changes to core applications while ensuring that IT standards, policies and procedures are followed. The role will also coordinate the delivery of core applications technical training to Country IT staff
The key responsibilities include but not limited to the following-
- Working with the global IT teams and service partners, lead successful implementations of BI’s Temenos Financial Inclusion Suite (FIS) core banking system at Country offices by (1) providing technical direction in all migration to the BIHBV Model Bank (2) working with country IT managers to ensure the establishment of published standards, policies, and procedures for maintaining the integrity of the Model Bank
- Ensure effective technical and user support for core applications – the maintenance of the Model Bank, product specification and documentation of system changes, development of management reports, management of an efficient test environment
- Ensure security of business data within core applications
- Coordinate end-user training for core applications with IT Service Manager and country IT managers
- Lead the implementation and testing procedures to ensure that newly released software produce the expected results for the business operations.
- Apply strict change control measures in any customizations required by the country offices.
- Establish and enforce core applications system backup, recovery, and data retention criteria.
- Relate well with BI strategic service partners to resolve complex technical problems
- Document recovery procedures and security settings for applications for the purposes of disaster recovery and user security.
- Encourage teamwork and the sharing of best practice amongst all staff.
- Work with Service partners and other IT staff to achieve timely resolution of core application issues
- Keep in line with the trend in the market, advise management on market development (e.g., Temenos development roadmap and current developments in microfinance and banking industry)
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Develop and maintain own knowledge, expertise, and professionalism.
- Keep abreast of current developments in microfinance and IT industry.
- Remain current with organization’s technological requirements and new developments in the industry.
- Meet personal training and development needs through relevant professional and commercial training and networking.
- At least Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or Information technology.
- Professional degree in ITIL Foundation Oracle (OCP) and/or SQL Server certification is a plus.
Skills and Competencies Requirements:
- Good knowledge of TCPIP communication protocol
- Wide knowledge of and advanced skills in computer hardware and software programs of diverse functionality. Including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, and network administration programs.
- Significant experience in supporting databases (preferably Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle)
- Application development skills especially in Java, Visual Basic and/or C++ a plus
- Experience with JBoss and Apache technologies will be an advantage
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Commitment to the BRAC International mission, core values the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the workplace.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.