Backend Manager, Engineering, Gitaly At Gitlab Inc
Backend Manager, Engineering, Gitaly At Gitlab Inc 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
What you'll do in this role
- Manage a team of Backend Engineers who all contribute to the overall direction of Gitaly.
- Lead a team who are building Failover Clustering systems in Golang
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience
- Author project plans for epics
- Run agile project management processes. We work iteratively and release monthly.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members on technical contributions, product architecture, and other areas.
- Maintain empathy for the team by keeping awareness of engineering processes and practices. Examples might be: evaluating individual workflow during one on ones, conducting code reviews, or working on non-critical path bugs and/or features.
- Actively seek and hire globally-distributed talent
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates, and train the team to do technical interviews
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team
- Generate and implement process improvements
- Hold regular 1:1s with all members of their team
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual's performance
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Draft quarterly OKRs and Engineering KPIs
- Improve product quality, security, and performance
You should apply if you bring:
- Experience as an Engineer in a team or managing a team who are running high availability I/O production services and/or Failover Clustering Systems
- Experience as an Engineer in a team or managing a team who are working in Golang. We don't need a Go expert. However, it's important you're able to discuss technical rationale and reasoning with your direct reports.
- Knowledge of Git
- An ability to operate within our view on leadership
- Exquisite brokering skills: you'll need to regularly achieve consensus amongst departments
- Demonstrated experience as a People Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values