Automobile Mechanic Officer At Rwandair Catering Ltd
Automobile Mechanic Officer At Rwandair Catering Ltd 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
RwandAir Catering Ltd is a fast growing in-flight catering company in Rwanda and started its operations from August 2014 and has been providing catering services to scheduled airlines, private jet, and charters for seven years now. RwandAir Catering ltd aims to be one of the biggest aviation catering company in Africa in few years to come.
As part of this strategy we are looking for interested qualified and enthusiastic candidates to fill the position mentioned below:
Job Title: Automobile Mechanic Officer
Reports to: Maintenance Coordinator
Reporting Line: Operations Manager and Dispatch Coordinator
Automobile Mechanic Officer will be responsible for monitoring, controlling, and maintenance of all company trucks and vans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to driver’s complaints; conducting inspections; working closely with technicians in repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair of the company trucks and vans according to the manufacturer instructions.
- Keep records of all performed maintenance, repairs, and services of all trucks and vans.
- Report security threats, safety, and hazard, and incidents that occurred during daily operations to the line supervisor for guidance
- Ensure that most needed spares are purchased and readily available in stock
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by ensuring that vehicles are cleaned and washed on time.
- Carry out the truck services with fuel, oil, and radiator fluid.
- Ensure that all company vehicles and trucks have valid Airside permits, Insurance, and Police Vehicle inspection license/certificate.
- Train new Staff/Loaders on operation of trucks
Job Requirements, Education, and Experience
Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering-Automobile Technology.
Valid driving license of B&C Categories, having D&E would be an added advantage.
Possessing at least 2 years of experience in similar works.