Associate At Pricewaterhousecoopers
Associate At Pricewaterhousecoopers 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Job Description & Summary
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 31 countries and over 8,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. In East Africa, our member firms in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia work together to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges
PwC is the leading provider of tax services worldwide. We understand your business and economic environment and we combine this with specialist tax knowledge. We can help you navigate complexity to:
• Achieve business objectives by reducing tax risks and meeting your compliance obligations and
• Improve business and operating efficiency through tax efficiency and understand and manage the total tax contribution your business makes to governments.
Our services include:
• International tax services
• Transfer pricing
• Tax Deals
• Tax Dispute and Controversy Resolution
• Indirect taxes (including VAT, Customs and Excise)
• Human Resource Services (including International Assignee Services)
• Tax Management and Accounting Services (including Corporate Tax Compliance, Accounting, Payroll and related services, as well as Tax Function Effectiveness)
As an Associate, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve complex business issues. This role requires you to develop specialized tax expertise in Indirect Taxes – Value Added Tax (VAT) and act as a key resource on complex tax technical matters.
Roles and responsibilities
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up to date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Liaising with the appropriate client personnel.
- Ensuring high quality service delivery to our clients.
Skills & Competencies
- Applicants with Law or tax qualification will have an added advantage
- Previous experience in a VAT related role will be an added advantage
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- A commitment to team working
- A commitment to delivering great client service
- Good self-organisational skills
- Resilient and able to work to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and through virtual platforms
- A strong interest and understanding of the benefits of technology and innovation
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Bachelor Degree
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants(ACCA) - ACCA (preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (preferred)
Vacancies in Strategy & ConsultingView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.