Assistant Technical Manager
Assistant Technical Manager 1 PositionTavevo Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Tavo Water and Sewerage Company Ltd was incorporated on April 7, 2006, as a private company limited by shares to give it autonomy and enable it to operate commercially. The major shareholders of the company were Municipal Council of Voi, County Council of Taita Taveta and Town Council of Taveta which now are the County of Taita Tavera.
To plan, direct, and/or coordinate activities in such fields as abstraction, production, quality assurance and distribution of water in the company jurisdiction.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Water Engineering from a recognized university.
- Candidates should be registered with EBK or IEK
- Proficiency in computer applications, AUTOCAD,
- Knowledge in GIS will be an added advantage
- A least 3 Years’ Experience in Utility Operations.
In liaison with the Technical Manager of Tavevo water and Sewerage Company, the assistant technical manager will;
- Direct, coordinate, control and manage the company’s Technical Operations and maintenance of the infrastructure in all branches.
- Be responsible for maintaining water service delivery infrastructure in the county where Tavevo operates.
- Manage construction works, either by using external consultants or company resources.
- Manage company assets such as and not limited to plants and machinery through effective maintenance and repairs.
- Develop programs that ensure efficient utilization of assets and overall infrastructure.
- Establish the necessary staffing needs for the department and ensuring there is well trained and efficient workforce in the company.
- Develop departmental strategies, policies and plans to facilitate achievement of overall company objective.
- Ensure compliance with legal statues and regulations that govern the water industry in the country and in the County.
- Provide Technical guidance necessary in development of new products necessary in achieving company strategies.
- Establish a Non-Revenue Water management unit, plans and targets that are realistic and workable within the company.
- Ensure regular/daily, prompt and accurate preparation of water production, sales and supply statistics. Collating and analyzing the NRW data and advising all the sections on any interventions that may be necessary at any point in Time. Prepare project proposals and technical reports for the Technical manager to present to the management and the Board of Directors.
- Any other responsibilities assigned from time to time by management for purposes of TAVEVO achieving its mandate.