Assistant Manager- Digital Communication At Kenya Revenue Authority
Assistant Manager- Digital Communication At Kenya Revenue Authority 1 PositionKenya Revenue Authority
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The Assistant Manager Digital Communication is responsible managing the Authority’s online presence, including website, social media, and other online publications and will manage integration and automation between existing digital platforms to create effective communication channels and customer service experiences.
- Develop overall digital communication strategy in order to create innovative content to effectively promote tax compliance
- Enhance data analytics, develop additional research and data sources as necessary, to inform content strategy development
- Define the strategy for each digital touchpoint to distribute campaigns and content effectively in order to drive engagement and grow KRA’s digital footprint
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create visual content with fresh and innovative ideas, re-enforcing a modern, dynamic, and innovative brand image.
- Overall Administration and Management of the KRA Website and other digital properties
- Optimise web communication for SEO and organic and keyword search
- develop and implement a creative approach for direct email strategy
- Optimise KRA Blog to generate interaction and brand exposure
- Build and manage relations with industry influencers and key stakeholders, engaging in conversations with audiences and keep developing their community.
- Build and maintain KRA’S online reputation
- Keep up to date with current digital trends and developments and ensure we remain timely and current in our use of digital media.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
- A university degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Information Technology or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Chartered Institute of Marketing or Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in similar role with experience in digital content development and 1 year in entry level management.