Assistant Finance Manager At Metropolitan Cannon Life Assurance Ltd
Assistant Finance Manager At Metropolitan Cannon Life Assurance Ltd 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Metropolitan Life Kenya has been operating since 2007, offering primarily life insurance solutions to retail and corporate clients. In 2013, the company held a solid position in the market place and managed to increase market share. Established in 1964, Cannon Assurance has a wide footprint in Kenya, offering a comprehensive suite of insurance products and asset management solutions. Following the acquisition of a majority stake in Cannon Assurance by MMI Holdings, Metropolitan Life Kenya successfully merged with Cannon at the beginning of 2015. Following the merger, Metropolitan Life Kenya and Cannon Assurance consolidated their life insurance licenses into one, and retained a stand-alone short-term insurance license. Metropolitan Cannon is part of MMI Group Limited, an authorized financial services provider.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Finance Manager – The Assistant Finance Manager will ensure efficient financial operations to maximize on shareholder value and prepare accurate financial reports.
PRIMARY Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare budgets and enforce all budget related control measures.
- Plan and manage cash flows for optimal liquidity and investment returns.
- Regularly review and advise the business of potential control weaknesses, gaps and areas of improvement.
- Engage with fund managers to ensure correct investment of funds.
- Timely preparation and filing of periodical returns to relevant authorities.
- Ensure tax compliance across the business.
- Timely preparation of monthly management accounts and financial performance report.
- Continuously check the general ledgers for accuracy and completeness.
- Monthly reconciliation of the investment’s registers, operational data, and bank reconciliations.
- Check and authorize payment vouchers.
- Lead the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Prepare financial statements for audit and prepare the audit file.
- Enforce internal financial controls and effect sound financial management.
- Ensure compliance with IAS, IFRS and other relevant regulation requirements.
- Prepare and submit adhoc reports on strategic and financial issues as may be required.
- Conduct continuous training, guidance, coaching and mentoring of the Finance team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- CPA (K) / ACCA qualifications
- Over 8 years’ experience in a busy finance environment of which 3 should be in a senior role.
- In depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- An in-depth grasp of Kenyan Taxation regulations and Insurance regulatory requirements
Required skills and Competencies
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and management experience