Artisan Iii (sheet Metal)
Artisan Iii (sheet Metal) 1 PositionKenya Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces are the armed forces of the Republic of Kenya. The Kenya Army, Kenya Navy, and Kenya Air Force comprise the national Defence Forces. The current Kenya Defence Forces were established, and its composition laid out, in Article 241 of the 2010 Constitution of Kenya; the KDF is governed by the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012.
CSG 15 – SIX (6) POSTS (Advert 7/2020)
House Allowance: Depending on the area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer. Duties entail:
- fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings.
- work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal;
- shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer;
- operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts;
- inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces;
- install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution