Analyst; Cyber Security Operations At Safaricom
Analyst; Cyber Security Operations At Safaricom 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Cyber Security Department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Managed Security Services, the successful candidate will lend support in Cyber threat detection, working in 24/7 shifts, providing eyes-on-the-glass service for Managed Security Services, performing real-time monitoring and identification of security incidents. He/She will help identify suspicious activity, open incident investigation tickets and escalate any key concerns to Level 2/3 for additional analysis & communication.
- Work in 24*7 shifts performing real time monitoring of security alerts generated by various security tools deployed by Safaricom
- Serves as a primary point of contact for reporting potential security incidents
- Validate, classify and open tickets for security incidents
- Analyze and assess security alerts and escalate to Level 2/3 analysts for further investigations and communication
- Document security incidents as identified by the case management process
- Provide feedback on enhancing the operations of the cyber security operations Centre
- Respond to generated security alerts within the time window as defined in procedural SLAs
- Pick out potential intrusions from seemingly benign sets of audit logs or security alerts
- Triage (primary investigation) of detected security alerts and make necessary escalation decisions
- Escalation to appropriate teams, follow ups and provide assistance during remediation
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/IT Security/Information Technology
- Minimum of 1 year System Security experience – in Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments, IDS/Firewalls/VPN administration, Content Filters, Security Scanning tools, Network and Systems Administration.
- Minimum of 1 year focused Security experience in Incident Management/Intrusion Analysis/Reverse Engineering. Knowledge of common SIEM solutions, the purpose of them and an understanding of how they work
- Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and *NIX operating systems is required.
- Knowledge and/or experience with common security tools such as anti-virus, Intrusion Prevention Systems and Firewalls is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of these technologies or domains will be an added advantage: Cloud Technologies (Cisco UCS, EMC and VMware), CMS (Joomla, Wordpress and PHPBB), Apache, PHP, cPanel and ModSecurity.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) – Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL, Pervasive SQL is an added advantage
- Good communication and presentations skills are required
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, thirst for knowledge and passion for the job is required
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.