Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu Is Looking For Counselor. Apply!!
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu Is Looking For Counselor. Apply!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Counselor at Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an ISO 9001:2008 certified secondary care hospital providing 24-hour inpatient and emergency services in the Coast Region of Kenya. The hospital offers a range of quality healthcare services in the areas of internal medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics & gynaecology, and intensive care. The Hospital includes comprehensive diagnostics, including imaging services, a leading ISO 15189-2007 accredited laboratory, high-quality physiotherapy, pharmacy service, and Halal certified catering service. Mission The Aga Khan Heath Service in Kenya is dedicated to providing quality patient care with special attention to access, affordability, clinical excellence, patient safety for the communities it serves.
Vacancy no: AKHK/MDPC/001
Overall Responsibility: The Successful candidate will be responsible for provision and promotion of Mental Health and well-being, counselling, education and guidance services to staff and clients of Aga Khan hospital, Kisumu
- Develop and track the hospital’s annual counselling objectives.
- Review, formulate and implement policies and guidelines that promote counselling services in AKHK
- Implement, monitor and report on counselling services at the hospital
- Evaluates clients counseling needs
- Evaluate and report on effectiveness of the counselling care plans.
- Design educative sessions for the public on Psycho-social issues
- Conducting educative and awareness forums (CMEs) for staffs
- Degree in Counselling and Psychology from a recognized institution
- Registration by relevant regulatory authority/body
- Over three years of experience in Mental Health and wellbeing, counselling and testing, preferably in a secondary care hospital setting
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work both collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines
- Confidentiality and integrity in the profession
- Listening Skills
- Sensitivity and empathy
- Ability to cope with emotional situations
- Ability to relate with a wide range of people
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!