Administrative Officer And Procurement Assistant At British High Commission
Administrative Officer And Procurement Assistant At British High Commission 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Main Purpose of Job
To assist in the provision of Administrative & Procurement support to the Corporate Services Team for the British High Commission, Nairobi
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update procurement records including filing of contracts, develop and maintain a filing system, binding & scanning of documents, updating contractual documents
- Schedule and coordinate Corporate Services Meetings including organizing meeting rooms or via Microsoft Teams, taking notes and minutes in meetings, Preparing documents for meetings
- Maintain and update the contact lists of all corporate services contracts/supplier list
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Assisting the Procurement Section in overseeing the compliance and execution of Corporate Services procurement requirements
- Assist in ensuring the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Procurement Procedures are adhered to at all time by Corporate Services and other Partners Across Government(PAGs)
- Assist in Providing training on Procurement in the FCDO, Purchase to Pay Process, raising requisitions and Supplier Maintenance Forms
- Support in maintaining the Financial Performance and Compliance Indicators (FPCI) Scores
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in any business related field;
- Experience in Procurement Management and Project Management
- Experience of administrative work and office management;
- High level of proficiency in MS Office particularly MS Excel and word, would be advantageous
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Project management experience from conception to delivery ideally within a procurement context
- Experience working with an ERP System
- Experience of developing good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally
8 March 2021
Type of Position
Type of Post
British High Commission
Starting monthly salary ()
1 April 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
An ideal job for anyone who would want to get a basic grounding in the work of a Diplomatic Mission. The successful candidate will have access to a range of online courses, including on line management and procurement, provided by the International Academy (part of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office). The jobholder would need to undertake training on PRISM (the FCDO HR and Finance system), KENQUIRY (the High Commission’s Helpdesk) and Pyramid (the FCDO Estates database).
- Due to COVID 19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimize any disruption.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kenya.
- It is essential that the applicants already have the right to live and work in Kenya without the need to apply for a work permit
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.