Accounts Clerk 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Job title: Accounts Clerk
Direct supervisor: Accountant
Job category: Accounting
Salary: KES 20,000 pm
Our client in the agribusiness industry is looking to hire an Accounts Clerk to be based in Nairobi.
Accounting Clerk will be responsible for keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements as well as run accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. Success in this role is one should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk should ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Certificate/Diploma in accounting
- CPA II
- At least 1 year experience in accounting will be an added advantage