Accountant At Tmk & Company
Accountant At Tmk & Company 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Our client, one of the market leaders in the restaurant business operates a number of restaurants in the city center and its suburbs. We are looking to recruit an accountant to join a dynamic team which will ensure that the business remains above the competition in this very competitive industry. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our client’s team.
Vacancy title: Accountant (1)
Overall role purpose
To ensure that the directors receive the necessary information to enable them to make appropriate, timely and relevant decisions for the success of the business.
The Accountant will be part of the senior management team and will be a key advisor to other managers and the directors to ensure that the business remains above the competition.
The right candidate will lead a team of about seven staff and will be responsible for motivating, inspiring and supervising them to ensure that they all deliver on their tasks.
You will contribute ideas that ensure that the business continues to offer competitive menu items that ensure business profitability and continuity.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Head the finance and administration department of the business and lead a team of about five staff to deliver effective services to the business;
• Be responsible for preparing timely and relevant performance reports to managers and to the directors on a daily, monthly and annual basis;
• Monitor and report on the business cash flow position and ensure timely payment of suppliers and other payments;
• Prepare annual financial reports for audit purposes, support the auditors while carrying out their audits and respond to audit queries;
• Update/document internal controls of the business as appropriate, carry out regular review of the effectiveness of the internal controls and report to directors as appropriate
• Prepare monthly payroll, ensure appropriate deductions are made and ensure timely payments to staff;
• Managing costs and expenses to increase profitability;
• Prepare and file VAT, PAYE, NSSF and Income tax and liaison with URA as appropriate.
• Oversee the budget preparation processes and monitor expenditure and revenues against the budget;
• Playing a key role in managing and developing the business;
• Carry out other related tasks as might be required by the directors;
Specific requirements for the position
The ideal candidate should have:
• Qualified or part qualified accountant;
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, business statistics, mathematics, economics or related field;
• Preferably not more than 35 years with at least 5 years relevant experience;
• Strong leadership skills and have a proven record in building a team with the capacity and ability to deliver;
• Have thorough experience/knowledge of accounting software with ability to effectively train others;
• Previous experience in a food and beverages business will be an added advantage;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Our client offers remuneration which is commensurate to the candidate’s level of experience, competencies and role in the business.