Accountant - Finance And Administration Officer (horticulture)
Accountant - Finance And Administration Officer (horticulture) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Our client is a horticultural production and marketing company. Working with outsourced growers (70% production) and company production (30%), they pride themselves in quality and reliability, positioning as a supplier of choice in the horticulture export sector.
PURPOSE OF JOB / POSITION
To purpose of the position is to provide financial management and administration in line with company policies. The position ensures full compliance to financial management promoting good practice on financial accounting, administration and analytical reporting for informed management decision.
Reporting to the Managing Director or designated Authority, the Financial and Administration Officer / Accountant is overall responsible for the overall financial management of the company in line with company financial procedure and policies. She / he will ensure a prudent and sound financial management of company. Specifically, s/he will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure prompt review of payment vouchers raised before payments are made to suppliers, farmers and all other creditors, ensuring accuracy and appropriate support documentation before recommending approval and payment;
- As budget control focal point, ensure budget availability before creating obligations (POs and awards) and before recommending payments approval;
- Regular undertake petty cash reconciliation as a financial monitoring function and before approval for replenishment;
- Ensure timely and fully compliance with determination and settlement of all statutory deductions;
- Ensure timely filing and following up on VAT returns and claims.
- Overall in charge of general budget controls to ensure compliance with approved budget;
- Function as the control for debt management, ensuring prudent management of cash flows for smooth operations and creditors payments;
- Undertake financial forecasting and cash flow management, analysis and advisory to the management and accounts committee.
- Ensures transactions are promptly posted in accounting system (Sage or other system as may be adopted from time to time), ideally on daily basis unless otherwise agreed on exceptional basis;
- Undertake monthly bank reconciliation, ensuring all journals, ledgers and trial balance are accurate and updated;
- Function as the principle focal point in annual in budgeting, quarterly budget reviews, cash flow forecasts;
- Responsible for the timely preparation of final annual financial accounts and management accounts.
- Ensure timely and prompt financial analysis and reporting for the overall company accounts and specific projects accounts as may be required from time to time;
- Overview of accounting records, statements and bank reconciliation for subsidiary companies;
- Provide support and oversight on procurement and administration in line with company policies;
- Responsible for the overall financial management of the company, including supervision of accounts staff (Associates/Assistant) responsible for the accounts receivables, payables and petty cash;
- Undertake review responsibilities in other companies in the group;
- Any other related duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor or Managing Director.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Professional accounts certification, CPA (K);
- Bachelor degree in Commerce, Business Administration – Accounting, Finance option or a related discipline is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ previous experience in similar / related functions in Accounts and Finance,
- Good working knowledge of accounting system is required (experience in sage, is a distinct advantage);
- Good computer skills with advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Experience in horticulture industry is an added advantage
Core values and required skills:
- Good planning skills
- Strong interpersonal management skills
- Organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Highly reliable, dependable and trustworthy personality,
- Client oriented, demonstrating proactive communication
- Team player and good team management skills
Performance appraisal shall be done annually by end of calendar year based on company performance management framework. A mid-term Performance review shall be held by mid-year to review progress.