Pact Rwanda 0 vacancies
Position Title: DREAMS Advisor Office Location: Kigali Rwanda
Supervisor Name: TBD Supervisor Title: Technical Director
New or Replacement: New Position Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Expected Project End Date: 9/30/2022
Date of Submission: 7/30/2020
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
The pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff has a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance, and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance, and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support GOR strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral, and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the DREAMS Advisor will provide technical leadership and program coordination for ACHIEVE’s DREAMS activities in Rwanda. The position will provide capacity development and technical assistance to local partners responsible for DREAMS service delivery. The DREAMS Advisor will also be responsible for supporting program design and implementation that is responsive to local stakeholders, the Government of Rwanda, PEPFAR, and beneficiary priorities and needs.
- Provide technical support and oversight for the execution of DREAMS implementation plans and budgets by Pact and Partners and ensure alignment with overall DREAMS objectives and operational guidelines.
- Coordinate with partners in day to day management and implementation of the DREAMS interventions and community strengthening activities in targeted Districts.
- Draft and review and ensure high technical quality of Pact program documents pertaining to DREAMS implementation including progress reports, annual work plans, and other technical materials.
- Review monthly DREAMS Partner’s financial reports to ensure adherence to IPs and budgets.
- Represent Pact in events related to DREAMS in consultation with the Technical Director
- Work closely with the Technical Director to ensure increased uptake of high impact HIV services in DREAMS Centers and Safe Spaces
- Work closely with technical advisors and program partners to ensure mainstreaming of gender, gender-based violence response, PrEP, HIV testing, HIV prevention, and other clinical linkages to HIV care and treatment programs for A/PLHIV in the implementation of DREAMS.
- Support DREAMS sub-partners to ensure timely reporting, monitoring and analysis of results against set targets, and use of data to adjust implementation strategies as necessary.
- Review and provide technical inputs to Partner program documents including progress reports, program descriptions, implementation plans, budgets, and MERL plans.
- Develop technical papers, presentations, and reports to document DREAMS implementation key achievements, best practices, and lessons learned to share with donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in Gender, Public Health, Social and/or Behavioural Sciences or a related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education.
- Training and knowledge in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
- Experience in gender and gender-based violence programming.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in both NGO and HIV environment and implementing PEPFAR DREAMS or DREAMS-like programs
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage a variety of activities concurrently.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively, think analytically, and take initiative in solving problems.
- Fluency in the English, French, and Kinyarwanda for day-to-day communication.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Experience with USAID;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ethical management practices.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Company Size: 300 - 10000 (Large Organization)
Industry: Office and Admin
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
No vacancies available